4 Jun 2021 | Anne Marie Fogarty
| Share with
Pride takes place globally every June to celebrate the LGBTQ+ communities, human rights and of course, for fun!
Pride Month 2021 is being celebrated around the world and this year there are over 200 parades and celebrations expected to take place.
The History of Pride
Pride Month is celebrated as a tribute to those who were involved in the Stonewall Riots. On June 28, 1969, police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay club in Greenwich Village, New York. This led to local riots lasting several days in protest. Since then, the month of June has been marked with global celebrations and parades to highlight the rights of the LGBTQ+ communities worldwide.
What is the 2021Theme?
This year, London’s theme will be based on the values:
Values that the minority groups have had to fight for, and in some countries continue to fight. Facing inequality, injustice and prejudice daily. Pride aims to raise awareness of these values and help move society’s thinking forward to an inclusive, united and equal world for us all.
What does Pride really mean?
- Pride month is all about teaching tolerance, education in pride history to understand the passion behind the parade, and a quest for equality.
- Pride calls for people to remember how damaging homophobia was and still can be. How hurtful, destroying and dangerous discrimination can be.
- The month commemorates and celebrates being proud of who you are no matter who you love.
- We are proud at ProMedical to have recently asked our people through our Great Place to Work-Certified™ and discovered that 100% of our people felt they were treated fairly regardless of their race, sexual orientation, or gender.
What is happening for Pride this year?
- Global Pride Day is planned for June 27 and there are plans for live streams of concerts and showcases celebrating pride.
- Pride in London will take place in person on September 11.
- Check out all the Pride events across the UK – Pride Event Calendar 2021
Join us at ProMedical, a People First Flexible Staffing Solution as we stand beside those courageous enough to speak out, stand tall and be proud of who they are. We are all one, all equal, and in that equality lies differences that make us all uniquely beautiful. We believe in people, people are the backbone of any community, and we share pride values such as equality, unity and visibility.
Shouldn’t we all be proud, proud to be the same race – the human race, proud to be loving- men, women – does it matter who loves who if it is love?
Surely, we should be creating a world that sees one race, one love on one earth.